Today, we are interviewing Keesha Marie, a blogger, and creator of The Pink Piggy Bank. Lets hear about her exciting journey!
1. Please tell us something about yourself.
Dog mom of two, trying to inspire others to live the life they want.
2. How did you get into what you do right now? Please tell us more about your journey?
I got started into blogging because I was depressed. I hated my job, my anxiety was high, and I was broke. I was so unhappy one day I just decided to go for it. I quit my job and started working remote gigs, and slowly started to build my blog. My goal was to create a life I could be proud of, all while managing my depression and anxiety. In return, I wanted to teach others how to do the same.
3. Who are your role models?
My biggest role model is my mother. She worked her ass off and is the epitome of a strong black woman. She keeps me focused and motivated. She taught me how to be selfless and not to take life too seriously. Everything I do is to make her proud.
4. What inspires you?
What inspires me the most is meeting other women who are going through what I went through. To hear their stories, and to give hope that they can change their lives and take control of their mental struggles. It is a rewarding feeling because it’s not only helping someone get their finances back on track but it about uplifting someone when they feel like they have no one.
5. Please tell us about your site.
I am the creator of the site, I put out all legitimate work from home jobs, budgeting tips, and an open platform to discuss mental health.
6. What’s your most memorable experience?
My most memorable experience is meeting a young woman who told me she lost her job and had two children to take of her. She told me she was able to find work on my site and has been working from home ever since. It was heartwarming to know that I helped her find work and restore her smile again.
7. Which social media channels work best for promoting your work? What exactly do you do on the social media channel that makes it work for you?
Facebook, I post my links to my post in groups and on my page. I am very active with my audience. Engagement is significant when it comes to anything on social media.
8. What’s your greatest fear?
My greatest fear is going back to a life that didn’t serve me. I never want to have that feeling of working for someone else again or having to hide my depression because no one in the office understood. Without a doubt, my biggest fear is no longer having the freedom to create my own life.
9. Looking back, what’s one thing you wish you understood better before you ever got started?
One thing I wish I understood better before I got started is wins and losses. No matter what, you are going win at some things and lose at others. Just never give up. I gave up too many times when I first started, but I learned so much from finding the strength to stand up again.
10. What are the strategies that helped you become successful in your journey?
Putting out content and trying to engage as much as possible with people. Social media and SEO play a big part.
11. What keeps you going when things get tough?
What keeps me going is meditation, prayer, and constant positive self-talk
12. Any message for our readers.
You can change your life, you are never stuck.
13. How can people connect with you?
You can check out the blog also.