Your drive should never be drab. Today we are interviewing The Auto Dresser who believe that every car-owner should be free to express themselves! Their range of magnets and auto-accessories are designed to bring magic to your motor, and turn heads wherever you travel. The big question is – how do you want to represent yourself?
1. Please tell us something about yourself.
Hello! We are a mom, son and pup team and have created our own line of car costumes and car magnets.
2. How did you get into entrepreneurship? Please tell us more about your journey as an entrepreneur?
We spend a lot of time in the car going to school and work and wanted to add a little joy into our car trips. After not seeing exactly what we were looking for online, we decided to create it ourselves.
We spent several months designing magnets and car costumes. After creating a few, we gave out some samples to see how people would respond. After testing which designs other people liked, we went ahead and created more products. We have been selling them locally and recently are moving ahead with an online shop.
3. Who are your role models?
4. Did you read any books that inspired or motivated you in your journey?
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
5. Please tell us about your company
We are The Auto Dressers and create car costumes such as antler years, elephant ears, pig ears, dog ears for the car as well as car magnets. Our goal is to help people express themselves through their vehicles.
6. What’s your most memorable experience as an entrepreneur?
The first time we saw another car wearing our car costume. It made us so happy to know that other people enjoyed using our carstumes as much as we did.
7. Are you using any online marketing strategies for your company? How are you using different social media channels to market your company?
We have not done any online marketing yet but it is our goal for 2020 to try some ads on Google. We have a Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin account. So far, we have sold mostly to smaller stores in our town. But, we look forward to using social media more in the coming year.
8. What’s your greatest fear as an entrepreneur?
I get a little worried about damages to our product during shipping and not having enough of our holiday carstumes ready for the season.
9. Looking back, what’s one thing you wish you understood about entrepreneurship before you ever got started?
Patience is the key to success!
10. Would you like to share any success secrets that helped you in your journey?
It helps to try and have fun with the process and set small goals.
11. What do you enjoy most about what you do?
Seeing other drivers smile at our car and having a very tiny impact on their journey on the road.
12. What keeps you going when things get tough?
Taking small breaks to drink tea and take walks.
13. How can people connect with you?
They can visit our website www.theautodresser.com