1. Please tell us something about yourself.
I'm born and raised in Key West, Florida and moved to Atlanta, Georgia after graduating from Key West High School in 2012…. I attended an entertainment arts school while in Atlanta and moved back to Florida in 2016.
2. How did you get into what you do right now? Please tell us more about your journey?
Well …. There was a class that was offered at my high school titled ‘Intro To Film' that I took and that class definitely gave me the thoughts of one day being involved in the entertainment/film industry…
3. Who are your role models?
Uhh..Definitely Tyler Perry, Spike Lee and Lee Daniels. Ryan Coogler is a great director as well, I'm a major fan of his work.
4. What inspires you?
I'm inspired by risk. Starting something I have no idea how to finish, witnessing people go for something new – anything that has the potential for failure (but not total disaster) gets my heart and creativity pumping.
5. Please tell us about your company and film.
My name is Corneil Mcintosh, I'm a rising producer / filmmaker/director. I opened my film production company in Miami in 2016 and the journey has been exhausting but really well…. I used my connections in Atlanta to jump start my business in Florida. I started as a 1 person production team, now, when doing productions, there's a team of us that works really well together.
Here is the link to short film ‘Innocent until proven Guilty’:
6. What’s your most memorable experience?
I've had a few memorable experiences… My company primarily works with artist/talent that's in the industry… whenever we work with someone new, it's always a blessing and memory we will keep forever.
7. How are you using different social media channels/online marketing to market your work?
I'm very smart when it comes to social media marketing! Whenever we do a gig or a production, I make sure that it ‘s marketed in the correct place for people to see.
8. What’s your greatest fear?
My greatest fear is losing everything that I've worked hard for…..
9. Looking back, what’s one thing you wish you understood better before you ever got started?
The financial part of the entertainment industry was a little confusing when it first got started, now I'm very much aware of budgets and the financial aspect of the business.
10. Would you like to share any success secrets that helped you in your journey?
Don't be afraid to reach out to people! I recently reached out to a major film director in regards to possibly working with him next year on a movie set and he wrote me back and told me to reach out during the summer…. You never know what can happen!
11. What do you enjoy most about what you do?
I absolutely love creating dialogues, whether it ‘s for a media special, music video or short film… i love the behind the scene aspect of putting everything together.
12. What keeps you going when things get tough?
My best friend / business partner Emia has been my right hand for the last two years! We work really well together. When something isn't going as planned, she always makes me feel so much better.
13. How can people connect with you?
People can connect with me through my social media channel which is @corneilmcintosh
14. Any message for our readers…
Never give up! Follow your dreams!