1. Please tell us something about yourself?
My name is Vanlalchhanhima Ralte, I am an Independent Artist and a Songwriter. As well, I am an Owner/Director to my Records Company I.e. Vanlalchhanhima Ralte (OPC) Private Limited. I am from Aizawl, Mizoram, India.
2. How did you get into entrepreneurship? Please tell us more about your journey as an entrepreneur?
As an Artist and a Songwriter, I jumped into the music business from having a background in another business field. Being a fan of music, I was a simple bedroom singer and a songwriter, with my lovely guitar on my side. Apart from my businesses, I was getting inspired to enter into the world of music. I started exploring and sharing my capability and potential in the field of music. I even started and released my first ever recorded album in 2017. And now, today, I have come this far, and it has been a beautiful journey.
3. Who are your role models?
What if I said “Victoria’s Secret” super model (LOL!). Well, someone who really understands me, not just my external figure, but someone who understands me from inside. Someone who is always by my side.
4. Did you read any books that inspired or motivated you in your journey?
First thing, I am not a bookworm. I like reading words of wisdom, mostly based on the spiritual relationship with God. I could have said I don’t read pages and pages, but I read enough for my daily bread, and that’s honestly enough to give me wellness and motivation.
5. Please tell us about your company?
My company is an OPC i.e., One Person Company in which the full form of the name is “Vanlalchhanhima Ralte (OPC) Private Limited.” This is an Independent Record Label & a Publisher company. It does have a small and mini private recording studio for all the basic needs of all initial purposes of music production. It was previously called “Koinonia Recording Studio,” and it did offer services for the public. But now it has been transformed into a non-public and is currently administrated by a private label. That is, It now works with selected professional artists and songwriters.
6. What’s your most memorable experience as an entrepreneur?
Having the keys to open the doors that others don’t have.
7. Are you using any online marketing strategies for your company? How are you using different social media channels to market your company?
That’s definitely one popular topic in this age of the digital world. Being online refers to having a customer base on the web so that you can display your products to many viewers. Of course, the company uses its marketing strategy to reach out to its customers and bring their attention to our impeccable quality and standards. Yes, my company uses various social media channels.
8. Looking back, what’s one thing you wish you understood about entrepreneurship before you ever got started?
Before starting, I looked at the dictionary, the meaning of entrepreneurship, it only states the theory. After all these years, I have realized the knowledge and the experience that entrepreneurship is all about.
9. Would you like to share any success secrets that helped you in your journey?
Yes, the success secret is that there is no secret.
10. What do you enjoy most about what you do?
I enjoy doing things that are true to my own self.
11. What keeps you going when things get tough?
That there’s always tomorrow.
12. How can people connect with you?
People/Fans can connect with me through my website and social media channels.
If they visit my website, that’s somehow a connection. If they like or subscribe to my social media channels, that means they want to know and connect with me daily.
Here are links to two of my social media channels: